Thursday, April 26, 2012

I have no title for this post...

I have no title for this post. I have had about 20 things I want to rant and/or ramble about this week. I am not sure how appropriate it is to post about my political and religious views, so most of those rantings and ramblings are going to be reserved for other forums...or maybe a blog post when I get a little more gutsy.

This week has be s...l...o...w. There are 30 days remaining in the school year (not that I am counting), which is fabulous! I cannot wait to be home with Lily. She is growing by leaps and bounds, and I am looking forward to gobbling her up this summer. Somehow, a year has passed since she was born, and I am starting to get a little anxious about her birthday. I don't really know if anxious is the correct word, but I am heading toward this big milestone with very mixed feelings. I am so looking forward to the big girl things that she is starting to do- talking, becoming increasingly more mobile, showing her funny personality- but I am sad to leave behind the little baby things. I just keep thinking that I had that moment with her and it's time to embrace the next moments. That thinking is definitely helpful. I know once we actually get to the one year mark I will be emotional. She is my first baby. I also know that I will be so ridiculously excited. What a fun way to kick off summer!

In other news, our basement is almost complete. The walls are up and painted. The whole basement is clean. Now, we need to stain the banister and get the carpet installed. Then furniture shopping and we are ready to move back down there! I am really looking forward to putting Lily's toys down there...they are taking over the back room and they really need a new home. So far, everything down there looks great. I can't wait to see the final product!

And now, for your viewing pleasure, a laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment