Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I have been meaning to start this post for a few days. We had a really lovely Thanksgiving break; we were able to relax a bit before the push toward Christmas and winter break. On Thursday, we went to Jefferson to have Thanksgiving lunch with Tom's family. The kids were super well behaved, Lily tried turkey (a huge accomplishment), and Jack ate basically everything else. We had a nice time seeing family and enjoyed some yummy food! That evening we celebrated a win over Pittsburgh...which is always a nice way to cap off a day!

Friday, I did a bit of black Friday shopping with my pal, Sarah. We hit up the sales at Carter's, Osh'Gosh, and Stride Rite (we are super exciting people who only shop for our children). We had fun scoring some deals on kid's stuff. Later that evening, Tom, Lily, Jack, and I headed to my parents' house for Thanksgiving Part II. More delicious food and a nice evening with family.

The rest of the weekend was spent putting up Christmas decorations. Lily is obsessed with Christmas lights, and she understands Santa, presents, reindeer, and other Christmas things, so I am excited to watch her curiosity and wonder as the season unfolds. I set up about 5 Nativity scenes (I LOVE Nativity scenes...), one of which is a kid one for Lily. She immediately took the Holy Family, animals, and wise men and put them in a tin that she carries around. I am not sure what this means, but I hope it means she will be as fascinated with the Nativity as I was (and am!).

And now, a few pictures of our weekend...

















No comments:

Post a Comment