Sunday, February 23, 2014

On turning 1...

Dear Jackson,

Today, my little guy, you turned one. Well, honestly, you haven't officially turned one yet, but you will be officially one at 8:50 pm. I cannot believe that a whole has passed since you were born. It seems like you were this tiny (ok, tiny is never a word we used to describe you, but you know, smaller than you are now) newborn baby, and now you are almost as big as your sister. You are so happy, and curious, and smart. You are also very sneaky. You crawl over to the baby gate or to the stairs, look around to see who is looking at you, get a little grin on your face, and start climbing. Those activities-- stair climbing and climbing up the gates-- bring you great joy.

I must admit, I was nervous about bringing you home. Now, this wasn't because I didn't know what to do with you, it was because Lily was at home, and two kids seemed, well, daunting. Looking back, I don't know why I was so nervous. You were a very easy newborn. You didn't really sleep at night because you ate all of the time. Other than that, though, you were a quiet little guy. You are still the happiest baby I know. You go to anyone, you smile all the time, and you are very sensitive. You don't like being told "no", and you cry when you are told "no". You are finally sleeping better, thank goodness! It took you most of your first year to get to all night sleeping, and you still wake up sometimes, but it is so much better than it was!

You love to eat-- your favorites are corn, french fries, chicken nuggets, apples, eggs, and the cupcake you went crazy on today. You are working on using sippy cups, and you seem to like drinking water. I think it is still a bit of a novelty for you, but that is ok by me. I hope you keep trying new things, and stay adventurous with your eating. Goodness knows your sister picky, one picky eater is enough!

We had your party today-- here are a few pictures. You are such a little monster, so the theme was perfect. I love you so much little guy. You are an absolute light and joy. My life is so much better with you in it!

Happy Birthday.















No comments:

Post a Comment