Tuesday, July 22, 2014

To create an education blog or not...

When I started this blog my intent was to write about my kids. I used it to update friends and family about our goings on and about our family life. As I started writing more, I started touching on other topics-- crafts, food, etc...-- a bit of a variation on the original, but still related to family life. Recently, I started blogging more about education, another topic in which I am deeply involved. I have written a few education-related posts, and have discovered that I really enjoy writing about education. It forces me to research, and, more importantly, engages me in my vocation in a way moves beyond the classroom. I try not to dispense advice (about anything...because I am no expert in any field...), but, rather, to provide insights and experiences (both good and bad) about the things that I do and enjoy.

The reason I am rambling on about this is that I am considering branching my education posts off into their own blog. I am not quite sure that people (mostly family and friends) who want to read about my kids, also want to read about educational topics. Maybe they do, a lot of my readers are also teachers, but these topics are fairly different, and I am starting to think each deserves its own space.

So, everyone, thoughts?? Separate the blogs? Or just maintain one...

1 comment:

  1. I say maintain one, but use tags to manage the posts. Create a header where you can post the education related content. I think with that, those posts won't show up on your main page, but you could still link to them on your FB page. I think.

    ReplyDelete