Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Not my daughter, you bitch!"

Today I went to see Harry Potter with my friends from school. It was amazing! My favorite part- in the book and the movie- is when Molly Weasley confronts Bellatrix after she (Bellatrix) tries to harm Ginny (Molly's daughter) (pardon my explanation of characters, while I assume most of you have read HP, some of you probably have not...and if you haven't...go read them...now!). Molly looks straight at Bellatrix, exclaims "Not my daughter, you bitch!", and kills her. It is awesome and, I think, shows the strength of the bond between mother and child. Molly is the ultimate mom heroine.

Watching HP as a mom gave me a completely different view of so many things in the movie. There are so many parent-child relationships that are highlighted: the Malfoys, the Potters, the Weasleys. Each relationship is a little different, but underlying each of these relationships is the love that the families share. Yes, even the Malfoys have love. I completely lost it when Harry saw his parents before he confronted Voldemort. When Lily says, "You have been so very brave, sweetheart" I just burst into tears. Lily Potter, who gave the ultimate sacrifice for her child by dying for him, shows that she is still with him even after her death. Harry knows he has love...and that love will conquer all (even a freaky snake dark lord)...and, in the end, it does.


No comments:

Post a Comment