Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A bit more of an update...

Yesterday I posted a few Valentine's pics of the Bean, so today I figured I would update about what's going on. Last night, Lily's new friend Jacob was born! Jacob is Sarah's son (I work with Sarah). Got to see a few pictures today and man is he a cutie! I am looking forward to some days this summer with the mommies and babies at the shore. It is pretty awesome that Sarah, Ang, and I all have babies who were born within one year of each other. We have already decided that they will be best friends (sorry kiddos, you have no say in this matter).

Lily has been trying all sorts of new foods; most recently she tried plums and nectarines. Plums are pain in the @ss to make. Seriously. She enjoyed both fruits. Next we are trying wheat cereal...fingers crossed...then onto some more sophisticated foods. She has yet to pop a tooth, so for now she is eating purees and mushy food (like bananas). She also LOVES frozen mango in her mesh thingy. I am still pumping milk for her. I only pump 3x/day, so it is manageable. I am fairly proud of myself-- I set smaller goals to see if I can reach them and, so far, I have. My supply isn't as high as it used to be, mostly on account of the lack of pumping, so I do give Lily some formula. Right now my goal is to get to a year (have you seen the price of formula lately? EGADS!), and I think I can make that. After a year she will try whole milk. While I am not wishing away these precious days of babyhood, I am looking forward to the day when she can drink milk.

Overall, Lily is doing wonderfully. She might be the happiest, most contented baby I have ever met (and I am not just saying that because she is my baby, I mean that sincerely). She still isn't crawling (heck, the most movement we get out of her is a circle that she will turn while on her tummy), but she sits like a champ, and has awesome hand-eye coordination. She can control her hands really well and is able to manipulate even small toys with ease. It is hard to believe that we are approaching the 8 month mark in a few days. Time has absolutely flown by; before I know it she will be turning 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment