Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dear Lily...

Dear Lily,

In the next 4 weeks (or so) your life will be changing a lot. You will become a big sister and the single life you are living will end. It might be hard at first, but it will get better. You will get to be a sister to little, teeny little brother. You will get to take pictures of him with your green camera; restrain yourself, fists shaking, when you want to touch him; and just generally get to love little Jack. Judging by the way your carry your dolls around, I think you will be an expert at taking care of a baby...even a real one.

You are such an amazing little girl. You are so smart! Everyday you say a new word, and say it was such enthusiasm. Today, you said party because you partied in your crib for most of the night (notice I say in your crib because despite waking up, you turned on your aquarium and just played by yourself-- such a big girl!). Tonight, we laid in bed and watched Sprout and you looked at me, with your big brown eyes and just smiled at me. It felt like, in that special little moment, that I have known your forever. That I have loved you forever. And, maybe I have loved you forever. I think you are the little girl I always dreamed of having. With your silly little giggles and smiles, your funny face that says "what are you talking about mama?", your "oh nos!" and your "Feddddddieeeee!" you are the baby I dreamed of. Even on your crankiest days, you find some way to make me laugh. You can be stubborn, but I think we all are in this house (even Feddy).

I won't lie-- I am nervous for the next few weeks. I am thrilled to meet your brother, but I also know it will mean some changes in our house. I am confident, though, that these are changes that will only be for the better. I can't wait to watch your with your brother. I can't wait to watch your teach him how to build blocks, and dance, and read books. I am so looking forward to my 12 weeks off with you and Jack. I think they are we are going to have an excellent time (filled with Wiggles...I am sure...).

I hope you realize just how much you are loved. You are so deeply, deeply loved by everyone around you. I love watching you grow and change and learn. You are beautiful baby girl...in every single way.

Love, Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment