Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mid-Week Confessions

1. Breastfeeding pictures online. Ok. I breastfed both of my kids. I loved it. I would say I am a breastfeeding advocate. I breastfed Jack until he was 1, and I breastfed Lily until she was 3 months old, at which point I made the decision to exclusively pump. I truly loved it and wouldn't trade those moments for the world. However...I wouldn't post pictures of myself breastfeeding (especially all snuggled in bed, that is a moment between me and my kid) and I don't really enjoy the pictures people post. Why? Because I wouldn't normally post pictures of my boobs on the internet. I know, boobs are doing a job, one that is natural, etc...and people want to normalize breastfeeding by showing it happening (and it is definitely no big deal)...but, really, I don't want to see you naked online. Sure-- breastfeed away in public, I did. That is an unavoidable thing. The baby needs to eat. The boobs have the food. A person has to go out of their way to take a picture of them doing it, though. That isn't just a natural occurrence. How do you normalize breastfeeding? Just do it in the mall, restaurant, whatever. But stop your selfies. That is just normalizing our 21st century narcissism.

2. Students with the end of the year jitters. They are like little puppies on speed. Seriously. They need to get out into the sun and run around (and I teach high school).

3. Ear infections. I hate them. They make my kid feel miserable. I hate when he looks so pathetic and just acts so out of the normal. I guess this isn't much of a confession, because I would think most people hate ear infections, but I just needed to say that out loud.

4. Non-listening toddlers. I think this explains itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment