Thursday, September 29, 2011

First Cold

Well, Lily has her first cold. It's just a little one...stuffy nose, little cough...that's about it. She doesn't seem too phased by it, still smiley and giggly and babbly. Today, she tried chewing on her teether (the frozen kind) and she seemed to enjoy herself. I think Bean is going to be an early teether. I don't know if this is a good thing, or a bad thing!

I can't believe how quickly Bean is growing! It seems like she was just a teeny week old baby. I think this is one of the most amazing parts of being a parent- getting to watch your child develop her own personality and become her own person. It is also one of the hardest parts, I think, because you want your baby to slow down...not get older quite fast. If there was one thing I would tell new mommies and daddies it would be to live everyday in the moment. Don't wish away stages and phases. Savor every single moment you have while your baby is still a baby. I know that even though I am an adult I am still my mom and dad's baby girl. And I know that Lily will always be my baby, no matter how big she gets (or how tall...if she keeps at this rate she will definitely be taller than me!). I can't wait to see what the next days, and weeks, and months, and years will bring for us. I can't wait to see my Bean grow and grow and grow, but for now, I will enjoy every inch of her baby-ness and love every minute of her laughing, giggling, crying, babbling, and cooing.

No comments:

Post a Comment