Saturday, November 10, 2012

One Thankful November...

So, on Facebook people have been doing 30 days of thanks. I thought about doing it on FB, but decided to do it here, instead. I am, obviously, behind the curve, so I need to catch up. These are in random order...here are days 1-10:

11/1: I am thankful for my daughter, Lily. She is the absolute light of my life. The day she was born I was completely changed. I love her more than I ever imagined I could love. She is funny, smart, and kind (and sometimes a little grumpy). Being a mommy is the greatest gift I have been given. I love my little Bean.

11/2: I am thankful for my little Jack. He isn't here yet, but he is growing and growing everyday. I am so looking forward to his arrival! He is a little mover and shaker, so I am sure Tom and I are in for it. I can't wait for Lily to be a big sister; she is so nurturing to her dolls (and to Kenzi) that I know she will do an amazing job!

11/3: I am thankful for my husband, Tom. He is really my rock. He always makes me feel safe and loved. He talks more than I do, which makes me look not so crazy (hehe). He can make me laugh when I am sad and tolerates my food mood swings. He is a wonderful daddy to Lily (and to Fred, I am honestly surprised he hasn't tried to sell the poor dog yet). I can't wait to see what the future holds for us!

11/4: I am thankful for my parents. First of all, they didn't decide to sell me to the zoo when I cried for the first nine months of my life. Or when I peed in, and ruined, an armchair. Phew! They set a wonderful example of what a marriage should be. They also showed me how to be wonderful parents. I love watching them with Lily, and Lily truly loves them. I love them infinity!

11/5: I am thankful for Pop. He has taught me a love of sports, especially baseball and football. He has shown me that you should always work hard for your family. Watching him read to Lily, and watching Lily light up when she sees her "double pop" is truly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

11/6: I am thankful for my brother. I am not really sure why...just kidding! Tim is always there for me, even when we have been separated by 18 hour car rides. He was the first person to know that Lily would be joining our family because my parents can't answer a phone. He is funny, if not downright sarcastic. He is a wonderful uncle to Lily, and to Fred, as well (well, he likes to torture Fred...). I am so proud if him and all of the work he has accomplished. He truly amazes me.

11/7: I am thankful for my doggie Fred. Fred has been with me since I started living on my own. He is fairly annoying and a super nudge, but he is so lovey and snuggly. He can be crazy and rambunctious, or comatose and lazy, but he is always loyal. Lily loves him to pieces, and I think he loves her when she isn't trying to pull his tail off of his body. He is a great little dog.

11/8: I am thankful for my godmother, Sandy. My aunt has always been there for me. She has shown me the importance of family and of keeping traditions. She is there when I need her and is always on my side. I am so thankful that my parents made the decision to have her as my godmother. I love her very much.

11/9: I am thankful for all of my cousins: Theresa, Gregory, Erin, Connor, Meghan, Katelyn, Sean, Meredith, Josh, Allyson, John, Campbell, Keller, Blake, and Pierce. They say cousins are your first friends and I do believe that. I have such amazing memories of summers at the shore or grandma's, Christmas dinners, Thanksgiving celebrations, and birthdays. I feel so lucky that I have grown up in such a wonderful family.

11/10: I am thankful for my aunts and uncles. They are funny. They are loving. They have given me such a special gift- memories that I know I will always carry with me. Their stories of their own childhoods and the family from which I come will always be close to my heart. I said it before, but I am so fortunate to come from a family that is filled with such love.

So those are my first 10 days. Here's to 20 more! (Now, I need to think of 20 more things I am thankful for...hmmm...text messaging...toilets...my bed...)

No comments:

Post a Comment