Monday, June 27, 2011

One Week Old!

Today Lily is a week old! This past week went by SO quickly. Most of the week is a hospital blur; after all, being in a hospital with few options for things to do makes the days all run together. Being home has been lovely. My favorite time is when Lily is wide awake and I can talk to her or read to her. As the days pass, she becomes more and more alert. I also love to breastfeed her. To some that is probably a bit odd, but she is so peaceful when she eats.

Things I have learned this week...
1. You do get some sleep with a newborn it may come in 2 or 3 hours chunks of time, but it beats getting up every hour to pee when pregnant!
2. I do miss being pregnant-- I don't miss all the peeing and trouble sleeping, but I do miss feeling Lily kick inside me and anticipating her arrival.
3. Nothing can prepare you for how much you will love your child, nothing. It is the best, most overwhelming feeling in the world, but it is simply amazing.
4. You can never take enough pictures.
5. There are probably other things I am missing that I learned...cause this is certainly a bit of a learning curve...but I love every second of it (even the 2am feedings...).

A big thanks to all of my friends and family who have stopped by with love (and food!). Lily is so so so lucky to have you in her life! We can't wait to see what the next weeks have in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment