Monday, June 11, 2012

Sweet Summertime

Well, summer 2012 is officially here! To kick off summer, we hosted a fun little cookout this weekend. Actually, we had two cookouts. The first was at Tom's aunt's and uncle's house. They made some excellent food and we got to hang out with family, which is always nice. Yesterday, we hosted a cookout with friends and their kids. We had a really great time talking, eating, and playing. We played outside on the swing set, which was a lot of fun. I love getting together with friends, though, with the kids in tow, it makes me feel like a real grown-up (as opposed to a fake one, I guess).

This week should be a busy one. Tom is umpiring tonight, and then has a softball game on Thursday. I am hoping to get together with friends and get a few chores finished around the house. My one bigger house goal is to get the guest room cleaned out. It is something of a mess and really needs to be cleaned. Saturday is Lily's (first) 1st birthday party. I am SUPER excited. We are having it at the shore house, which will be a lot of fun. I am hoping for some warm, sunny weather. It is going to be a nautical theme, which will be cute for the shore, I think. Next week my little Bean turns 1! Where did the time go?

Lily with all of her toys in the tub. Averi was helping me give her a bath, and thought she needed a few toys.

The balloon wreath I made for Lily's birthday. Thank you Pinterest!

Lily riding her first gift for her first birthday-- a bike from the Peters family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment