Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring is coming!

This weekend verified that spring is, indeed, on its way. Thank goodness! I am so looking forward to warm weather, sunshine, and longer days. This morning was "spring ahead", which included the unfortunate loss of a precious hour of sleep. Meaning, my butt got kicked. Lily and Jack didn't seem to notice or care, but mommy and daddy certainly did!

We had a nice little weekend. Tom turned 28 yesterday, so we celebrated his birthday all weekend. Yesterday, I surprised him with 3 tickets to an Orioles/Yankees game in June. I let him pick out the tickets (I have no idea where the good vantage points are for optimal baseball viewing) and the date. We also enjoyed a delicious Chick-Fil-A breakfast (Lily had her first Chick-Fil-A breakfast and loved it!) at Tom's request. Tom and Lily ran errands with Uncle Brad and they even got her an Orioles ball! Shocking! For dinner, my mom made Tom shrimp and made everyone else meatloaf. She also made Tom a yummy chocolate cake. Today, his parents came over to celebrate. We had Tom's favorite- fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and watermelon. The weather was perfect and we got Lily outside to run around and play.

In other news, Lily isn't napping the way she used to. She sometimes takes a morning nap, sometimes takes an afternoon one, or sometimes won't nap at all. The upside to lack of napping is that she falls asleep quickly for bed. I think it's time we cut out a nap, and worked her into one afternoon nap. She is also showing interest in a big girl bed, so that is another thing we will be working on soon (not too soon, though!).

Tomorrow, is Tom's last day of paternity leave (he took 2 weeks). He was a huge help over these past two weeks. I will miss him being home with us. I know Lily will really miss him! They have been best buds and she has loved her daddy time. I still have 10 weeks to go (my maternity leave is longer than summer vacation!), so Lily, Jack, and I will have lots of time to hang out!

Averi meeting Jack. He is yawning, not crying. She let us know that she wants one like him.

Coloring the box.

Finger painting with dada.

My little monkey.

I am number one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment