Thursday, July 19, 2012

Here comes Lily's first vacation...

In 9 days we are leaving for Myrtle Beach. I am excited to go on a vacation because we rarely go on vacations. This will be Lily's very first vacation, which is so exciting and also a bit nerve wracking. I am most nervous about the long car ride, it's about 8 hours. I am not really sure how to handle a long ride with a 1 year old. It will definitely be an adventure. We have a car DVD player, so she can watch movies while we are on the road. We also plan on leaving pretty early, so she will (fingers crossed) sleep most of the way.

Now to nitty gritty things...what to pack. We know we will need the essentials: pack and play, diapers, wipes, clothes, etc..What about toys? Do we bring some? Lily is a very go-with-the-flow type baby, so I am not worried about her adjustment to a different place for a week, but I know she will want something familiar (besides mommy and daddy) around. There will also be a lot to do in Myrtle Beach, so she won't have a ton of down time in the room. I figure we will have some time to play though, so she will need something to do. I suppose I still have a week to figure out this whole packing process (ekk just a week!).

Finally, I know, I have been a bit lax with pictures lately. I have taken a bunch on my phone, so I need to upload them to my computer. I really should charge the camera battery and get some updated pictures of Lily. Tomorrow she will be 13 months old! Time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment