Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Reflective Teaching Day 10 (1/3 of the way through!)

Still no room pictures. I am sure you are all waiting on the edge of your seats for those, but I still haven't transferred them over...

Anyway, moving right along to..."What is your favorite part of the school day and why?"

It's going to sound typical, but I love the end of the day. The reason why, however, is not what you might think. I think the typical answer would read something like, "because the day is over! FREEDOM!", but I look at the end of the day differently. When the day ends my day isn't over. I move from teaching to coach class, or meetings, or practices, or advising a club. The end of the day is the time when I decompress. I regroup with my colleagues and go over my day. I recall my successes and my not-so-successes (they aren't usually failures, but sometimes things just don't go the way I planned!). I hear about what my colleagues did. I might run through plans with my grade level team (so, Sarah). The end of the day gives me time to center myself and settle myself. I get ready for the events of the afternoon and the next day. I clean up my room. Change my objectives. I get ready for my next new start. This is the really wonderful thing about teaching. Not only do I get a whole new school year EVERY year, but I get a new start EVERY day. That's pretty magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment