Saturday, August 8, 2015

Reflective Teaching: Day 6

I still didn't upload classroom pictures, so I am tackling the day 7 question for day 6...

Who was or is your most inspirational colleague, and why?

This is one loaded question. I have so many current and former colleagues who I really admire and respect. It is hard to narrow my answer down to one colleague. I can only pick one colleague, though, so I will do just that. The colleague that is and was the most inspiring to me is Cindy. Cindy was the long-time health/PE teacher at OM. In addition to teaching, she coached the allied teams and advised SADD. She retired this year after a long recovery from a car accident. Her spirit will be impossible to replace- she exuded enthusiasm, joy, and happiness. Her students loved her. They trusted her. She is the teacher that you remember long after you graduate; and, if you become a teacher she is the one that you point to and say, "I teach now because of her." Cindy was simply amazing and extremely inspirational. I am so glad that I was able to be her colleague for eight years.

No comments:

Post a Comment