Friday, April 5, 2013

Feeling so domestic

For the past two nights I have made great dinners. I am aware there are people who do this every night, but I don't, so this is a big deal. Ok, I sound like I never cook, I do cook, but it's usually the quick, easy meals...tacos, pasta, etc...

Last night I made steak medallions marinated in brown-sugar bourbon sauce with spinach salad, and baked sweet potatoes. For the salad, I made a balsamic vinaigrette (5 T Olive Oil, 3 T Balsamic Vinegar, 1 T Dijon Mustard). It is way yum.

Tonight, I made turkey burgers (4 cloves minced garlic, 1 t. paprika, 1/4 t. chili powder, 2 T olive oil, 2 T Worcestershire sauce, 1 pound of ground turkey). I topped them with sautéed onions and cheese. We had roasted asparagus with Parmesan cheese and cooked carrots. It was all so good. 


 
The perks problems of having a small kitchen.
 
Speaking of food-- for Easter I had to make salads. My new favorite...baby spinach, craisins, toasted walnuts, goat cheese, and the dressing mentioned above. I also made a warm bacon dressing salad. Tom really liked that one.

I attribute my mad cooking skills this week to my husband having spring break. It is easier to cook when Lily is being occupied with playing with daddy. Today, she played outside with Abby and Charlie, our little neighbors. I looked out the window and all three kids were on the swing set. The next time I looked out, Abby was digging in the dirt and Lily was sweeping the sidewalk. Lily LOVES playing with other kids, so it is very nice to have kids next door who are around her age. It is fun to watch her interact with other kids. I am so looking forward to the summer when she can get out and play with her friends.

Edited: I started writing this last night; however, my usually calm, happy baby decided to scream his head off. Finally, I decided to try the Moby, and wonder of wonders, he fell asleep immediately! It was great. He was all wrapped up and warm and quiet. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment