Monday, May 6, 2013

Toddle Along Tuesday

Linking up with Growing Up Geeky for Toddle Along Tuesday! This week's topic: awesome things your kids say.

Lemme be honest, the most awesome thing my kid says is...LUH YOU! Translated: love you! And I love it. I waited for forever (ok, not forever, really only months) for the girl to say I love you back. Now, she says it whenever you tell her you love her. In her little Lily voice. And I eat it up. It melts me.

She also says some funny things. She is still learning to develop sentences (we get a lot of one word answers), but she is starting to give us sentences and questions. When she cannot find someone she says, "Where ahhh you???" Which is adorable. The other day, while blowing bubbles, whenever she got a good bubble she would say "I DID IT!" Whenever she messed up and no bubble came out she would say, "Oops! I sorry!" It was so cute. I am not sure why she was sorry, but in her 22 month old head, she was sorry for something!

I love watching her grow up and learn so many new things. Language is no exception. Not only does it make easier for us to parent because we know what Lily needs or wants, but also because she understands more of what we are saying.

It is also a little bonus when she mispronounces things or says something totally off the wall. We all get a little laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment