Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day and the First of Lily's 2nd Birthday Parties

I know, I am a day late on the Father's Day post. Things have been busy-- we ended the school year, hosted a end-of-year party, and then celebrated Lily's 2nd birthday. Busy. Anyway, I should mention a very happy (one day late) Father's Day to a few of the guys in my life...

For my daddio...the guy who every other guy has to measure up against (hard because he keeps growing...). You always, always showed me love, respect, and kindness. You supported me in all of my endeavors. You worked tirelessly to try to get me to throw a softball correctly. You are an awesome pop. It has been amazing watching you with Lily, and now with Jack. Thanks for being my biggest cheerleader. I love you!

For Tom...you are an awesome daddy to Lily and Jack. Lily adores her daddy, as evidenced by her reactions when you come home from work. Including that time when she ran into the door. You give the best baths. You play outside with the best of them. You constantly show your kids love and support. Each day as a parent is a new adventure, and I am glad that I can share that ride with you. Love you!

For pop-pop...the guy who knows a little bit of everything. It is so amazing that Lily and Jack get to know their great-grandfather. Lily absolutely loves reading books with you and bossing kindly asking you to play. It brings me so much joy to see you with Lily and Jack. Jack is a pretty lucky guy to share a name with you. I love you!

And now...onto the party! Yesterday, we celebrated Lily's 2nd birthday with a family party. We celebrated at Tom's mom and dad's house in Jefferson. Lily got to swim, play with bubbles, open lots of gifts, and eat some cake. Both kids did a great job, even though they were up late for 2 nights in a row. I, of course, took far too many pictures. After her piece of cake, Lily said, "HAPPY TWO!" I think that sums up her party! Rather than going on and on about the details, I will let the pictures do the talking...






















No comments:

Post a Comment