Thursday, June 13, 2013

Such is Teaching

It is with mixed feelings that I leave behind the 2012-2013 school year. It was a weird year. Very weird. Every year I am glad the school year is over. I like the closure. I like the time during the summer to relax and rejuvenate. I like the prospect of a clean slate in the fall.

But the closure of this year also brings with it the end to the school year that I had Jack. That makes me a little sad. It's sort of like when your child turns 1. You feel sentimental that your little baby isn't a little baby anymore. I sort of have 2 different years. There is the calendar year, but there is also the school year. Ending this school year closes the chapter of my 2nd pregnancy and Jack's newborn-ness. That makes me a little sad.

This summer is sure to be full of memories and fun and friends. I am looking forward to...

1. Our beach vacation in August.
2. Lily starting Mother's Day Out.
3. Play dates with the English Department babies and mommies.
4. The hopeful return of mommy club after a brief hiatus.
5. Shore days.
6. Lily- swim lessons- year 2. Hopefully, the non-screaming year.
7. Lily's second birthday! And her parties.
8. Just being with my babies.

I am sure there are other things I am leaving off the list. There are so many things I want to explore with the kids this summer. Lily is at the age where she can do so much more. She is so curious and is just absorbing everything. She takes in the world around her with her big brown eyes. I love it!

So, goodbye 2012-2013. I am sure 2013-2014 will bring about many changes and challenges. I also know it will bring successes and triumphs. Such is teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment