Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Liebster Award


My friend, Angela, mommy who blogs over on Time with A & N nominated me for the Liebster Award. The award is for mommy bloggers with less than 200 followers. You don't win anything, per se, but you get the recognition of your fellow mommy bloggers, which is awesome! I love being able to write about my kiddos and read about what other moms are doing. I have been trying to branch out with my blog, so I appreciate all the people who pause to read my blog and give me feedback! Go over and check out Time with A & N and all of the other mom blogs who are just starting out!

Now, the nitty gritty...

To accept this nomination I have to complete the following tasks…
  • Link back to the blog that nominated you. (check!)
  • Nominate 5-11 new blogs with fewer than 200 followers. (check!)
  • Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator. (check!)
  • Share 11 random facts about yourself. (check!)
  • Create 11 questions for your nominees. (check!)
  • Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them. (need to do!)
The blogs that I nominate are as follows:

The Official MLB | Mommy's Little Blog
When Mommy Trains Little Brains
Laugh and Learn
The Pollock Potluck
22 Fifty Three
Grover's Corner

Questions for me to answer:

1. What's your dream career?
Well, some days I am working my dream career- teacher. My ultimate dream would to be a writer, or to own a store that specializes in baby and child gear. I started cloth diapering my son, and quickly realized that there aren't many stores with CDs in MD. I have to buy most of the fluff online. I would love to own a store that specializes in CDs, baby carriers, etc...

2. If money wasn't an issue how many kids would you have?
Probably 4. For serious. I would love to have 3 kids, but if money weren't an issue and I could stay at home, I would love 4 kids. A nice even number.

3. What's your favorite vacation?
I loved my honeymoon in St. Maarten. It was so relaxing and it was in the middle of winter, so I got away from the snow and the cold. We did what we wanted, didn't follow a schedule, and just generally enjoyed each other and the lovely weather.

4. If you could go visit anywhere where would you go?
England! or Greece. I say England because I am obsessed with British literature. I would love to do a literary tour of the country. Greece always just looks so amazingly beautiful.

5. Where did you meet your significant other?
I met Tom at school. We started as first year teachers together and the rest is history. He got my number because our friend, Brian, bet him that he couldn't. Best bet he ever made ;-)

6. How long did you date before you were married?
We dated for a year, were engaged for a year, and then got married. I think we paced everything well. We were both already employed and living on our own. It worked out for us; I wouldn't have had it any other way.

7. How long have you known your longest friend?
I have known Lexie since we were 8? I think 8. We met because our brothers were in the same classes at school.

8. When was your last date night with your husband?
Hmmm...well, we went to prom, but I don't think that counts. We went to lunch over my maternity leave, which was really nice. The other night, the power went out and we played cards by candlelight. Jack was still awake, but he was content in his RnP, so we just played cards and talked. I don't know if it counts as a date, but I had fun.

9. Where do you live?
I live in Maryland. Born and raised. Love the state. I write about it...A LOT. I am probably annoying about it.

10. If you could only eat three things what would they be?
1. Chocolate. I love chocolate. If it were a person I would marry it. Tom will even tell you this.
2. Crab. Crab cakes, steamed crabs, crab dip...love it.
3. Sweet potatoes. Fried, baked, mashed...they are yummy.

11. How long have you been blogging?
Since June 2011. I started just before the birth of my first daughter when I was getting antsy about her arrival.

My facts:
1. I have horrible vision. No lie. Nothing comes into focus until it's about an inch away from my face.
2. I won a lot of awards in high school. Probably because I am the best suck-up ever.
3. I started talking (and walking, I believe) at nine months old. Haven't shut up since.
4. I think my brother is amazing. He is so smart, and so environmentally aware, and he really just amazes me.
5. I am really flexible. Let's just leave this one at that.
6. Books make me cry more than movies do.
7. My husband and I looks eerily similar as children. This explains why if you look at Lily one way she looks like me, look again, she looks like Tom.
8. I have never lived anywhere but Maryland. I even went to college here.
9. I wish my grandmothers had lived long enough to meet their great-grandchildren (but, my kids are lucky enough to have 4 living great grandparents!).
10. When I was a baby, a nun told my parents I would be the first female pope. I am waiting for that to happen.
11. I embrace technology, but sometimes I wish it wasn't so pervasive in society. I fear my children won't learn to love things that aren't plugged in.

My questions for my nominees:
1. What is your job? SAHM? Work outside the home?
2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
3. If you could eat lunch with one person (dead or alive) who would it be?
4. What was your favorite subject in school?
5. What is your biggest fear for your child/children?
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. What is your earliest memory?
8. Where is your favorite place to shop?
9. What is one food you wished you liked, but just don't?
10. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
11. What was the one fashion mistake you made (you know you have one-- leggings? Uggs? Bleached jeans? Teased hair?)?

No comments:

Post a Comment