Wednesday, June 19, 2013

On the eve of 2...

Dear Lily,

It is hard to believe, but 2 years ago I was in labor with you. I was anxiously waiting for your arrival (and for an epidural...). I was wondering what you would look like, what your personality would be like, and how big you would be. At 6am the next morning I would know: you were 8 pounds, 10 ounces, you looked like a mixture of mommy and daddy, and you were very laid back. You were such a little smush; you curled up on my chest and would drift to sleep. From day one, you filled our home with love.


It is hard to believe how much growing up you have done over the past 2 years. You walk, you jump, you run, you dance, you whoaaaa (I am not sure how to explain the whoaaaaa...it looks like you are in the Matrix...). You talk, oh man do you talk. You say "luh you!" (love you), "brober" (brother), "I fahted" (I farted...you are such a lady), and countless other words. You are talking in sentences, or at least, you try to speak in sentences.


You love your brother. It is the purest, most joy-filled love I have ever witnessed. You kiss him. You hug him. You comfort him (It's ok, Jack!). You just know how to be a sister. I was so nervous to bring a new baby home, but from the moment you laid eyes on him, it was like you loved him forever. Every time you pat him on the head, or put his paci back in his mouth, or say "night-night, luh you Jack" my heart absolutely melts.


It is so much fun to watch you grow. I will admit, it makes me sad that you are growing so fast, but it is a fun ride. You are in love with swimming this summer. You joined the Sneaks summer reading program. You know how to make your juice (you even know how to get it out of the fridge...). You have mastered climbing the swing set in the backyard, and you will slide down every slide at the playground no matter how big. You love to take baths. You have very clear opinions about things, especially bows being in your hair (please, oh please let momma put a bow in your hair!).


Lily, you are joy personified. You truly are. I love you more than I could ever imagine loving someone. You are beautiful, and smart, and funny. You amaze me every single day. I hope you have a wonderful second birthday. I will be sure to document every moment of it!

I love you. I love being your mom.

Love,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment