Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Midweek Confessions

So my friend Sarah stole this, so I am stealing it cause I think it is just that good. Before I start spilling my beans, a few little updates about life. First a few Lily updates. After months, and months, and months of waiting we finally have a tooth popping through! I think there are actually two teeth being cut, but I can definitely see the one. I am very excited.

School has been crazy. Prom is making me crazy. It's all very stressful. I will be happy when prom is over. I know the kids will have a really good time, so in the end all of this stress will be worth it. I keep reminding myself that this night will be, for some of my kids, one of the most special evenings of their lives. It will be beautiful, it really will. I just can't wait until May 20th (at about 1pm), when it's all behind me.

And now for a few midweek confessions...
I totally side-eye people who proclaim themselves to be "crunchy" moms. I think it's ridiculous. Let's review: buying the most expensive, all organic food, telling everyone that breastfeeding is the only way to feed your baby, and cloth diapering (and saying how much money it saves while constantly purchasing more $20 cloth diapers), all while driving a big old SUV, living in an energy sucking home, and prancing around in designer clothes. I am sorry, doesn't "crunchy" imply that you are living a green life? I think it's great to be crunchy if really are...and you aren't totally holier-than-thou about it. 

I love my dog like he's a person. If you know me, you know that really isn't a confession, but the following is...about two days after we came home from the hospital with Lily I opened the door to the bathroom and saw Fred sitting in the hallway. He was following me around everywhere, so there he was waiting for me. He looked at me with his big, soulful, saucer eyes, and I just lost it. I was sobbing and hugging Fred. I felt like I was neglecting him. Yep, all new mommy emotional crazy, crying over my dog.

I love chocolate ice cream. There, I said it.


Check it out the original midweek confessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment